Thursday, September 30, 2010

10 Days to 10/10/10
The Countdown is ON

What better way to commemorate the start of the 10 Day countdown then with a list of my Top Ten Reasons I will Rock Chi-Town (even if I pulled a hammy two days ago, got very little sleep last night and lost my gym bag with my Garmin in it this morning! Like I said earlier...if tapering was a college course, I'd be FAILING right now.) But never mind all of that, the question isn't if I'm ready for Chicago, the question is - Is Chi-Town ready for ME?

Top Ten Reasons I will ROCK Chi-Town

10. Because I'm faster than I used to be.
...4 mile PR, mile repeats in sub-6 pace...need I say more?
9. Because I feel stronger than I've ever been.
...ran 22 miles over the palisades and no post-run nap.
9. Because I run farther than I used to go
...I've done 800+ miles over 16 weeks to prepare for one 26.2 run.
8. Because I've trained harder for #10 than 1-9
...my recovery week mileage would count as peaks last year.
7. Because 2 years is a long time to wait for a breakthrough marathon
...3:02 in NYCM 2008, 3:02 in Boston 2009...i think it's time.
6. Because I'm bringing along friends to cheer me on.
...some running, some not, but all so motivating and inspiring
5. Because my bandanna gives off speedy magical powers
...that's right now the best kept secret in town!
4. Because I will rest, taper and not get sick before race day.
...because everyone deserves a second chance
3. Because sleep is no longer an optional commodity
...I will get 8+ hours a day even if I theoretically can't
2. Because I will DEFINE MY OWN AWESOMENESS in Chi-Town
...that will be my rallying cry in the last 10K
1. Because this is my new power song:


The Countdown is On!
Are YOU ready?

14 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so excited for you and I wish I could me in my city to witness your awesomeness and breaking 3 hours ;) you are going to rock Chi-town!

If you need any food, fun, city suggestions while in town let me know!

Julie said...

Hi Lam,
Oh I love your list:) Enjoy the next 10 days and try to relax! You will own it at Chi-town! I have faith in you! Haappy Friday Lam!

Running and living said...

Yay, survive taper and you'll be golden!

Anonymous said...

heck yes you're going to rock chi-town! i've known this all the long by the way :)

Anonymous said...

holla!! can't wait to hit up the expo and do all that fun stuff in Chi-town!! :)

Jen Feeny said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I seriously can't wait to see you run past, I just hope I see you... lord knows you'll be a blur with your speediness! 10 days! WOOT!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

YES!! Go Lam! I can't wait to stalk you next weekend! :) (in a non-psycho way of course)

J said...

You are so ready! Happy October and enjoy the rest of the days until the race!

Aron said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! you are sooooo ready :) can't wait to track your progress and cheer for you from cali next weekend! this is YOUR race!

3:59:59. Bitches. said...

Lam, I am so fired up for you! You wouldn't be failing the Taper course - you'd be teaching it! You're going to ROCK on 10/10/10 - cannot wait to hear all about it. You deserve it my friend!

Majo Tinoco said...

Go, Lam! You're going to rock this marathon. Chi-town won't even know what hit it!

Spike said...

Go out there and rock it!!!!

Samurai Running said...

Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late with comments but been following with interest on Twitter and here and wishing you all the best!

The Laminator said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the cheers, good wishes and encouragement!

I hope to do you all proud on race day;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics