Thursday, August 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to My Running Blog!

Hi All and welcome to my first ever posting on this my 32nd birthday. I am starting this new little venture so that I can introduce, teach, learn, joke, motivate, and commentate about this running thing that I'm so passionate about. I'm also blogging so I can discuss and share some of the intriguing sights and sounds that I see and hear on the roads everyday that my non-running friends know very little about. As for my comrads who are already hitting the roads, I'll be sure to include some training tips, inspirational quotes, and quirky tidbits as well as share my own training success and failures as I prepare for the NYC marathon this fall. So whether you count your change by how many gel packs you can buy with the leftover money or you consider B.Q. as just a fancy name for dinner served on a grill...(Hint: It actually stands for Boston Qualifier, a big big deal for those in the know!) there'll be something for people of all running levels and abilities to keep you coming back. As for my friends and family who didn't know previously why I never stay late at weekend parties or never arrive on time for poker night, well now you know! Here's to hoping that one or more of you will keep reading and be inspired to join me on a run one day! I'll be waiting. In the meantime, thanks for visiting, answer the poll, leave a comment on what you like or don't like about me or my writing (a dangerous invitation, i know...) and I'll be back in a few days to deliver some actual running content to this shindig.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi leslie! you're running the queen 1/2 marathon on my birthday! yippee. thanks for sharing your blog, i hope to see you soon.

 
Clicky Web Analytics