Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Top 10 Things I Absolutely Will NOT Miss About Marathon Training

After reading all the inspiring stories I can remember, hearing all the motivational tips I can keep straight in my head, and watching the captivating transformation of ordinary people to marathoners in “The Nova Marathon Challenge” tonight (which was BTW very informative for nonrunners and somewhat educational and inspiring for the rest of us), I thought it’d be fun to take a break, throw a curveball, and come up with a list of things that I will NOT miss after Sunday…(that is, of course, until when training begins for the next marathon!)

1. The weekly trips to the laundromat.
2. Waiting for the wee hours to go so your neighbors won’t find out about the stench that is your running clothes.
3. Being dubbed “The Pooping Laminator” by your friends for always being the first to leave at all the late night parties.
4. And heading out the door for long runs even before they’ve even made it home.
5. Weighing less than the anorexic girl at the office who eats a piece of lettuce each day for lunch.
6. Forgetting what beer and alcohol taste like.
7. Buying shoes other than running shoes when I go shopping.
8. Not finishing every other excuse with “’cause I have to go running…
9. Craving gel packs when I’m working past noon.
10. Comparing all the girls I see to all the girls I see while running (Not fair, I know…girls who run are way hotter!)

Any more? Suggestions? Send them my way. I’m planning to use this list as motivation to get to the finish line as quickly as possible. Gosh, can’t believe it’s only 4 days away…

5 comments:

pengo said...

The Pooping Laminator?

The Laminator said...

As in party pooper, or as in someone who's pooped, tired easily...sorry if that wasn't so clear. Would be kind of funny if it wasn't me.

Arron said...

its wrong to down a few espresso gels when not running. who knew? :)later.

Nancy said...

I love the one about the girl eating a piece of lettuce. Cracked me up.

If you are craving gels, then by all means...

Frayed Laces said...

Ha love it! I was feeling guilty thinking of all the things I can do "post-marathon". I hear you about #10, although I do it with guys. I thought I was the only one!

 
Clicky Web Analytics