Thursday, April 17, 2008

Running Inspirations

This is my contribution to Take It and Run Thursday on the topic of running inspirations, or the “why(s) I run” as I like to call them. It is an intriguing topic because there are always so many reasons, each one unique, each one personal. For those who haven’t known me for so long, I actually used to have a weekly post where I tried to answer the question as it pertains to me. Here’s a quick recap for those who are interested:

Why I Run:
Reason #1 – To Be Athletic
Reason #3 – For The Emotional Experience
Reason #4 – To Live Passionately
Reason #5 – For The “Runners’ High”
Reason #6 – To Find The Courage To Read And Write
Reason #7 - To Be A Better M.D.

I thought at the time that I had a pretty comprehensive list; that I’ve listed all the important reasons for why I hit the roads everyday. But now as I’ve grown a little as a runner, I see that the list is not nearly complete. So I’m removing the cobwebs, dusting off the cover, and making further amendments to this list that gives substance to my random acts of running.

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Some great reasons there! Took a while to go through all those posts but definitely worth it.

RunToTheFinish said...

I agree, I think your inspiration changes all the time...so long as you have a reason you are inspired enough to run!

Midwest said...

Great posts, and I hope you bring this back as a regular feature.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Thanks for the reminders of these posts. I think it was your "why I runs" that first drew me to your blog.

 
Clicky Web Analytics