26.2 Reasons Why I’m Running The
- Because I love to run and want to share that passion with several thousand of my favorite fans, oops, I mean friends!
- Because I’ve never done a marathon so far away from home before.
- Because I’m not afraid of goofy speed bumps, even if they are bigger than normal
- Because I run best when my brain is not yet functioning at 5:30AM and I’m on automatic pilot.
- Because I love running in
. San Francisco
- Because I dig the feeling of being alone…in a pack…of people who can relate to my every emotion.
- Because it’s my birthday and I want to throw the biggest birthday party I’ve ever had.
- Because it’s my birthday, but no one who’s running will know it but me.
- Because I love NYC too, but can’t stand the heat and humidity during the summer.
- Because I can’t wait to say “Oh yeah, while you were sleeping, I ran a marathon this morning.”
- Because I want to meet and greet some running friends.
- Because I’m too terrified to run across the
by myself ever again (after my last misadventure there). Golden Gate Bridge
- Because to watch the sunrise while running a marathon is magical beyond belief
- Because three hours and change is a long time to reflect on the past and think about the future.
- Because I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be exhausted, but truly happy.
- Because my battle is not with a bandanna, but with myself.
- Because I want to emulate the spirit of the athletes who will be competing in the Beijing Olympics in 5 days.
- Because I’ve trained long and hard for this and it’s time to claim the prize.
- Because I want to get to the after-party as soon as possible. (Wait, there is an after-party, isn’t there?)
- For my bloggy friends who’ve supported and inspired me so much the past year.
- For my real life friends and relatives who are proud of me even though at times I wonder if they know exactly what they’re proud of.
- For my Flyer teammates who I’m grateful to have gotten to know even if there’s still heavy contention between us on the definition of ‘fast’
- For my parents who will run miles with me even as they complain about what it’ll do to my knees…someday.
- For my brother, who doesn’t consider himself a runner, but is trying ever so hard to run a sub 7:30 mile time.
- For my sister who I know is proud of me for all I’ve done with my running.
- For myself, because yeah, I’m a runner, and THIS is what I do best.
26.2 Because I can’t wait to be done!