Sorry, blog world, I’m late. But Happy New Year to all anyways! If you’re still feeling festive, you might want to skip the rest of this post.
Maybe it’s the perfect score from 2008, or maybe it’s just the guilt of resolution procrastination, but I really have had a hard time dealing with the hoopla of the ball dropping into a new year. A big part of me wants to shed a tear and hold on to 2008 for just a little while longer. Right now, I feel like the guy still stuck to his seat in the moving theater when the film credits are rolling and everyone is climbing over themselves to see who can reach the exit the fastest. What’s the rush I say. Much of the business world don’t go back to work until Monday, so the way I see it, the new year doesn’t officially start until after the weekend anyways. But since I’m tired of thinking and revising my 9 goals for 2009, I’ll throw them out there just for your viewing pleasure and my stress relief. (Feel free to congratulate, mock, criticize, applaud, ridicule any of them as you wish and I’ll feel free to edit, modify, delete, insert, copy, paste, and make irrelevant any and all parts before the start of official business on Monday. I feel that’s fair, don’t you?) Good, now that’s settled, I can climb back into my hole and pretend it’s still 2008 for a few more days!
2009 New Year’s Running Resolutions
- Run 1499 miles (or more).
- Set 4 new PRs (any distance).
- Complete 2 legs of the Laminator Pentathlon (4M in 24:00; 5M in 30:15; 10K in 39:00; 13.1M in 1:25:00; 26.2M in 3:00)
- Run 4 races outside my homestate (New York).
- Run a race in the Bronx and in Brooklyn (yeah, it’s sad I've never done any!).
- Find a new place outside the city for a long (13 miles+) training run.
- Coach, and/or encourage 4 new runners to reach their individual running goals.
- Participate in at least 4 Flyer running club events (one of which is to be a long run pacer)
- Run a sub 3 hour marathon (dream goal!)