Friday, January 2, 2009

My Blah New Year Post:
9 Resolutions for 2009

Sorry, blog world, I’m late. But Happy New Year to all anyways! If you’re still feeling festive, you might want to skip the rest of this post.

Maybe it’s the perfect score from 2008, or maybe it’s just the guilt of resolution procrastination, but I really have had a hard time dealing with the hoopla of the ball dropping into a new year. A big part of me wants to shed a tear and hold on to 2008 for just a little while longer. Right now, I feel like the guy still stuck to his seat in the moving theater when the film credits are rolling and everyone is climbing over themselves to see who can reach the exit the fastest. What’s the rush I say. Much of the business world don’t go back to work until Monday, so the way I see it, the new year doesn’t officially start until after the weekend anyways. But since I’m tired of thinking and revising my 9 goals for 2009, I’ll throw them out there just for your viewing pleasure and my stress relief. (Feel free to congratulate, mock, criticize, applaud, ridicule any of them as you wish and I’ll feel free to edit, modify, delete, insert, copy, paste, and make irrelevant any and all parts before the start of official business on Monday. I feel that’s fair, don’t you?) Good, now that’s settled, I can climb back into my hole and pretend it’s still 2008 for a few more days!

2009 New Year’s Running Resolutions
  1. Run 1499 miles (or more).
  2. Set 4 new PRs (any distance).
  3. Complete 2 legs of the Laminator Pentathlon (4M in 24:00; 5M in 30:15; 10K in 39:00; 13.1M in 1:25:00; 26.2M in 3:00)
  4. Run 4 races outside my homestate (New York).
  5. Run a race in the Bronx and in Brooklyn (yeah, it’s sad I've never done any!).
  6. Find a new place outside the city for a long (13 miles+) training run.
  7. Coach, and/or encourage 4 new runners to reach their individual running goals.
  8. Participate in at least 4 Flyer running club events (one of which is to be a long run pacer)
  9. Run a sub 3 hour marathon (dream goal!)

17 comments:

Laura said...

What about doing the Half Marathon Grand Prix? That would accomplish #5 and then some.

I'm now wondering if I can get you to make me a part of #7...

Happy New Year, Lam!

Felice Devine said...

Happy new year!

I can understand wanting to hold onto '08. It was a great running year for you. But, those goals you have show that '09 is going to be even better. I can totally foresee #9 happening really soon because you are so close!

BTW: How do you like Outliers?

audgepodge said...

Sounds like some great race goals! Happy New Year!

Run For Life said...

Solid goals - here's to 2009 topping 2008!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Challenging goals for sure. Here's to a successful 2009.

nwgdc said...

Is NYC conducive to a sub-3 marathon, or will you be venturing out of state to accomplish this?

ECrunnergirl said...

I have the SAME trouble getting into the excitement of of New Year's....I always want to hang on just a little longer and I get so nostalgic! Even if it wasnt a particularly eventful year!! Ahhh!!! Here is to waiting until all the credits run through and they turn the lights back on in the theater!!! Happy New Year Lam!

J said...

Happy New year! I have felt the same way about wanting to hold onto a year (but its been more like holding onto a sports season but I think its kinda the same). I am sure that 2009 will be an even better year for you. It is clear that you have learned alot about yourself and your training needs so that this year you will reach bigger and better things!!

Anonymous said...

Those sound like great goals. Best of luck in achieving them!

Aron said...

happy new year!!! those are awesome goals!

X-Country2 said...

What a great list! Good luck with all your goals.

Running and living said...

Awsome goals. I have no doubt you will achieve them. I, like Laura, am wondering if I can be part of #7...
Have a great 2009!
Ana-Maria

runner26 said...

To injury prevention!!! Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Are you doing the NYC Half-Marathon Grand Prix? I'm planning on doing it this year for the first time. I've already signed up for Manhattan & the Bronx.

Frayed Laces said...

pathetic goals. be more ambitious.

sRod said...

#6 is tricky...but I've been thinking about running over the GWB. There is a pedestrian path over the bridge. I'll be hitting 13+ miles by late February if you want a fellow explorer.

Julianne said...

Those are some awesome goals for this year! I love that you want to improve yourself and help others! :-)

 
Clicky Web Analytics